Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

Twilight Tiles

Quick post for me today, and I am going to show you some new Twilight themed tiles. Twilight is so popular at the moment, I have to admit, I've only managed to watch one of the films, but maybe this is the time to make use of my LoveFilm subscription and get some inspiration from the films!





My main reason for choosing some Twilight themed jewellery was that my friend is a Huuuuuuuge fan of the Twilight films, and her birthday was coming up. I love giving people something special, memorable, and something that others don't have. She is also a passsionate jewellery maker, so this piece had to be extra impressive, as I imagine she will be judging me on my skills! I hope this piece is just perfect for her.
















These scrabble tile earrings are also my first earrings I have made from these tiles. I have been asked by a few people if I can make them into earrings, and here they are! This means I can now use my tiles for necklaces, bracelets, keyrings, earrings and wine glass charms. 





For all of you new followers here is a little bit about my tiles. All the scrabble tiles are made from vintage wooden scrabble tiles that are imported from America. I also buy the artwork from the USA as unfortunately I don't yet have the graphic design skills to create my own. {One day I hope to!} I then cut, attach, and file the images onto the tile, and glaze {By hand} the tile to create a raised, glass like finish. A bail is attached to the back, where the original scrabble tile letter is also visible. 














I am now completely addicted to making these tiles, and I now have 4 racks, 1 box, 1 ring display box, and 4 necklace busts full of ones ready to go to their new homes!  I also stock a local art and gift shop and I often have comments from local people in the village saying how much they love them. I am so glad I started this new venture, I am also busy making sock monkeys, which when I have finished them I will post them here too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment